Monday, June 28, 2010

Touring Learning and Growing- Continuing the journey


Wow... Long time since I blogged but its time and the time is now...
Just had an amazing show at the Dakota Lounge in Santa Monica the tail end of a month of shows in Ashland OR and beyond...
Tonight was special at the Dakota because I played solo, acoustic. It was a show where I decided to risk being me, risk being as authentic as possible. It was kind of like one of those dreams where you show up butt naked... although I didn't show up but naked but to stand on a stage and deliver your heart and soul on a platter... well wow!
Many times as a performer it's so easy to play from the ego space, a place that feels good as a the performer, but can sometimes totally miss the audience. I think the beauty of an intimate solo performance is the connectivity to the emotion of a song and a performers delivery of that song.
That vulnerable space of creation is the real nest of live performance, delivering the songs from the space they were created is a challenge I'm just now approaching as I grow on my musical path. Ironically to deliver from this place doesn't "feel" good as a performer, but it is in the uncomfortableness and vulnerability that most people attract a third party audience and the song is allowed to accesses that place in them. The performers vulnerability establishes a trust in the energetic exchange...
The beauty of my own songs lays in this place and it can only be expressed when I allow myself to experience the emotional state of how I felt when I wort a particular song, recreate the moment on stage and genuinely share heartache, love, or loss- authenticity, that is the key!

I look forward t going deeper with my music and my fans really feel into what we are doing together as humans, celebrating and sharing in the highs and lows of life...

Luckily I was able to capture the show on video and audio and look forward to sharing these with you soon....

I also commit to keeping this blog thing more current and would love to hear from you...

So if anyone is actually reading this thing I will be checking in more often...

I also wanted to let you in on what I am hoping to manifest in the next month and ask for good thoughts and prayers in bringing these aspects into reality!

  • A great bass player and rhythm section
  • A new album recorded at Groove Masters studios in Santa Monica
  • Management
  • Booking agent
  • More awesome songs!!!!
Oh and of course....
  • World peace!!

Thanks for checking in

Peace

Clayton

1 comment:

  1. Greetings dear One.

    one year later and you have harmoniously allowed your heart to blossom while holding true to those intentions and goals you have reached out to complete. I commend and bless your soul in this journey you are diving so deep into.

    living light. breathing light. being light.

    singing your beauty as my heart continues to grow....


    all ways. always.

    Moonflower

    ReplyDelete