Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First Show at the Stronghold


Yes!

I finally had a show in LA, man what a fun night...

Wrote a new tune just for the show called "Dog Town Gypsy Prince" and totally pulled it off. I'm surprised by this a little because I'm the kind of guy that needs to play a song about 1000 times before its ready to be performed... I was able to nail it though and felt good about the whole show.

The Stronghold is an amazing club in my hometown of Venice and I have been going there regularly to see artist and plug myself to get a set. I have seen amazing artists play there including Jackson Browne, Ben Harper, and numerous local LA bands and artists that are so talented.

My booking came very auspiciously. I woke up last Wednesday and decided to busk on Abbott Kinney Blvd. (Busking is playing music in the street, hopefully for money). As I was playing some tunes a young guy came up and said, "Do you want to play Friday at the stronghold?"

"Sure" I said...

And that was it, boom! Signed sealed delivered.

I love life and how sometimes the path of least resistance can lead one to a goal...

I played with two good buddies of mine at about 10:30pm Friday night and have to give a lot of love to Chris Rydell and Tyler Burdick who pulled off stellar performances considering they had about 24 hours to prepare. About 75 people showed up and moved and grooved. Can't wait for the next show!

Thank you to all who came out!! You inspire me to get better and better!

Hope to see you at a show soon...

Next set is April 17th at the Topanga Earthday Festival! I'm going to release my Earthday track and sell a limited run just for people at the show!! Check it out if your in the area!

Topanga Community House 1440 N. Topanga Cyn. Blvd. Topanga, CA 90290

My set is between 2 and 3:30pm ... Playing with some amazing friends and it should be a great show!! Lots of hippies, sunshine, ganja smoke, and food! (These are a few of my favorite things!)

Thanks for checking in, will write again soon!
SO MUCH LOVE!


1 comment:

  1. Yo! It's ya boy El coyote! The blog looks good bro! Let me know when you get big and need a traveling, haiku reciting coyote on your team!

    ReplyDelete